This photograph shows a Moorish & Spanish Colonial influenced architectural detail from the Pima County Courthouse in downtown Tucson, Arizona. Designed by Tucson architect Roy Place and completed in 1929, it replaced two earlier buildings, including the original courthouse built in 1868 when Tucson was the capital of the Arizona Territory. By 1912, when Arizona became the 48th state, the capital moved to Phoenix. The Pima County Courthouse is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Image copyrighted. Any use requires licensing.