White Dove of the Desert

sanxavier_2054_lowres1000pxwide

A detail of the beautiful Spanish Colonial architecture on the “White Dove of the Desert” – Mission San Xavier del Bac – founded as a Catholic Mission by Father Eusebio Kino in 1692. It is the oldest intact European structure in Arizona, built 1783 to 1797 by Ignacio Gaona and his native American O’Odham workforce.

http://www.sanxaviermission.org/History.html

Image copyrighted & registered at US Library of Congress. Any use requires licensing from Martha Lochert.

www.MarthaLochertPhotography.com

%d bloggers like this: