White Dove of the Desert

A detail of the¬†beautiful Spanish Colonial architecture on the “White Dove of the Desert” – Mission San Xavier del Bac – founded as a Catholic Mission by Father Eusebio Kino in 1692. It is the oldest intact European structure in Arizona, built 1783 to¬†1797 by Ignacio Gaona and his native American O’Odham workforce. http://www.sanxaviermission.org/History.html Image […]